Instagram for PC is an incredible social media app to share your photos and videos with the limitation of contacts. You can share your content publicly as well as just with your friends and family only. The socio-sharing apps are active in the internet community since 2010. They started to release their PC versions in 2016 to enable users to enjoy mouse wheels instead of swipes and gestures. Around 500 million users are using the app on their big screen, as it has not had any paid or pro version. You can download it free of charge from Google Play Store or any other third-party app store or website.
What is Instagram for PC?
Instagram for PC is the most famous socio-sharing app around the world. It is the best option for teenagers, especially who love to share their selfies and photos with their friends, family, and the entire world if they want. It was founded in 2010 in America and sold out to Meta in 2012 for $1 billion. No doubt, the Windows 10/11 version has lack some important features, but you will find the PC version is also fantastic as you can upload photos and videos right from your PC and use the DM feature to contact anyone exclusively to chat and send other important files.
It gives you access to the main screen while allowing you to scroll deluge of photos, captions, and comments. It is also possible to watch, like, and comment on the posts of other people. Use the DM feature reliably using keyboard writing. The platform is used by multiple big business corporations as well as public figures also for presenting their products and services.
Features of Instagram for PC
It is a highly successful feature for the new generation who love to update their status regularly. Go to your ‘Stories’ feature at the top of the app, and upload your photos, videos, images, or even text. You can select people who can watch your story from Settings of the app. it will disappear after 24 hours automatically.
On the platform, you will find a lot of international-level famous celebrities and brands along with their fresh updates. You can follow as clients and followers to take updates about their latest projects as well. You can watch photos of your favorite celebrities and the new launching of products of different brands.
We know, Instagram is owned by Meta Facebook, but it works on an exclusive basis. It is quite different from Facebook and works as an official app for Windows and Mac. In comparison, you can download Facebook for the Windows operating system only. You can upload your photos and videos on Instagram whereas Facebook offers multiple stunning features i.e. creating groups or pages, organizing events, and so on.
The interface is quite similar to a mobile app. on the top of the app, a camera icon is available for taking snapshots using your webcam, use the refresh icon for updating your feed, and next is a DM icon just like a paper plane to give you access for chatting privately with your contacts. No doubt, the DM feature is a fantastic feature for the PC version especially, if you are related to the writing field of social media i.e. you are selling a product, it enables you to explain everything reliably using your keyboard. The bottom part of the app is including with different options such as;
- Home; home gives you access to the main feed with posts uploaded by others. You can use some algorithm suggestions for enjoying future content. Bookmark any post, like or comment on other posts, and use the DM feature to chat with someone privately.
- Search; the option is for searching people, tags, and locations. Unfortunately, you will find a single list format for Windows UI.
- Heart; you can get information about the posts you follow and your own posts also.
- Profile; get information about the people who have watched your profile.
Use Effects and Filters
The PC version is embedded with multiple amazing filters and effects to enable users to make their photos attractive. Twice clicks make your editing of photos easy and you can get rid of downloading any third-party application for the purpose.
No doubt, one of the most favorite features offered by social media. It enables you to chat with any of your contact i.e. friends or family members and share your personal photos, videos, and texts with the addition of captions and effects. It also offers video call options as a conference call. Use the vanish mode to remove your chat within moments.
It is the latest feature that offers you different types of content to enjoy. You can also create your own Reels to create refresh and calibrate content. It enables you to express your abilities along with enhancing your watching video shorts experience.
Instagram is one of the most popular platforms where you can follow different brands and get information about their new launching. You can get details of your favorite products i.e. stuff, price, delivery process, and so on. It also offers @shop as an official Insta shopping account for giving information about brands along with an effortless purchasing process with the help of Facebook Pay.
Run your Own Business
You can create your own account for running your business online. Upload your posts related to your products and their detail and handle the customer community as an entrepreneur. It is simple and easy to use without any technical requirements.
How to Download and Install Instagram for PC
You can Instagram download the PC version from the Microsoft store or any other authentic website. The entire process is straightforward and easy to use. It weighs only 200 MB and is available in the English language with the support of more than 30 languages. You also need to ‘Allow’ permissions i.e. user location, webcam, microphone, internet access, contacts, picture gallery, video library, and so on. Are you interested to download it? Then you are in the right place, as we are discussing all processes here to describe how to download and install it on Windows or Mac. You can use two methods for downloading process;
Download Instagram for PC from Microsoft
- Click on the Windows icon to open it.
- Type Instagram for PC in the search box.
- Select Instagram from the drop-down menu.
- You can click the given link on the page and it will redirect you to the Window store.
- Open Instagram and click on the ‘Get’ button for starting the installation process.
- Wait for completing the installation process.
- The process is completed and you are ready to go for a limitless entertaining world.
Download Instagram for PC using an Android emulator
- Open the official website of BlueStacks on your web browser.
- Click on ‘Download BlueStacks’ in the middle of the page.
- You can download it from the given page also.
- Double-click on the .exe file of Instagram; click the ‘Yes’ option and the next ‘Install Now’ option.
- After completing the installation process, click it to open it.
- Open Google Play Store on the BlueStacks and type “Instagram for PC” in the search box.
- Select the app from the drop-down menu, open it, and click on the “Insta” button.
- Wait for completing the installation process.
How to Post on Instagram for PC?
- Open the official website of Instagram, and complete your login process by entering your username and password.
- You are ready to get access to the main screen.
- Open it and start posting as well as using other fantastic features on your big screen reliably.
The app is completely free of charge for all types of devices.
Yes, the app offers an official Windows version for your desktop.
Unfortunately, the Mac version is not available; you need to use an emulator for the purpose.
- Officially available for Pc, but not for Mac. You can download it using an Android emulator.
- Simple and easy-to-use interface with easy access to all features.
- Get access to online shopping by following different brands.
- Run your own online business by creating a business account and expressing your products and services.
- Create your own short videos using multiple effects and filters for uploading on any platform
- Uploading photos or videos is not possible with a standard PC using a mouse and keyboard.
- Multi-tiled interface incapable of displaying photos in format according to PC.
All-in-all, we have discussed all methods and processes of downloading as well as using Instagram on PC. We hope you understand well. If not, please read the entire review and try to solve your confusion. It makes you feel free to go with a mouse and keyboard because both devices make the users easily complete tasks especially writing tasks. One thing is important, you need some external material i.e. webcam, microphone, etc for uploading your photos or videos from the app.