Turbo C++ was developed by Borland in 1990, and the latest version was also released in 2006. So we can say it is an old compiler that supports C++ programming languages. You can use the GCC compiler as an alternative to Turbo C++, as it is the latest compiler embedded with multiple new enhancements.
It is commonly used by people of different departments including students, professionals, etc. it is no doubt, a smart IDE (Integrated Development Environment) that offers a fast compiling process, small executable file sizes, quickly uses system resources, etc.
Why Turbo C++ is better?
Here we will discuss some basic reasons why we should prefer Turbo C++;
- It is the best solution for beginners to easily understand the basics of C++ programming language while offering a simple and smooth development environment.
- You will not find any complex tools or features here.
- It is one of the very early programs, so programmers feel a sense of nostalgia while connecting with the classic environment.
- The fast and effective use of system resources also makes it a necessary part of C++.
- It helped to develop a lot of codebases that prove to better way of learning the environment.
Turbo C++ Features
Flawless converting of codes from C language into machine language using the compiler of Turbo C++ is quite easy. The preprocessor quickly reads the codes, when you run the compiler, and easily creates DOS applications as well.
The powerful function debugger is here to enable the users to complete multiple tasks reliably such as view and altering variable values while stopping the program performance, and easily resume it from the point. It also helps in the execution of other programs.
Support for Breakpoints
The breakpoints are the place where you stop a program, and insert your required values with ease. Simply complete it, and restart the program after getting your required knowledge.
The feature is also innovative, as it enables the users to review any code before using any software. It helps to find out any error if executed and saves us from any trouble in the future. You can easily decrease the multiplication error and simplify the errors during the detection process.
You can easily track the variable values using code segments and even hand trace the execution of the program. You can check your output code.
Create DOS Applications
It is a helpful element for creating DOS applications. You can create, modify, and test the DOS applications more reliably.
How to Download and Install Turbo C++ on a PC
As we aforementioned, Turbo C++ is based on DOS, and you can run it on any version of Windows including Windows Vista, 7, 8, and 10. It covers all the features available in the earlier editions. You need to follow the given steps to download the current version of Turbo C++ on PC for free;
- Click the ‘Download’ button given above on the page.
- Wait to complete the downloading of the .exe file of Turbo C++.
- Extract the downloaded .exe file, and click to open it.
- Run the Turbo C++ installer.
- Select your file type i.e. 32-bit, or 64-bit.
- Check the box next to Terms & Conditions, and click on the Continue button.
- Click the ‘Install’ button, and you are directed to the Turbo C++ Setup window.
- Wait for completing the installation process.
How to Use Turbo C++
- After completing the installation, double-click the appeared icon of Turbo C++ on your desktop.
- Launch the program in full-screen mode if you like, otherwise, uncheck the box next to ‘Full-screen Mode’ while clicking on ‘Run Turbo C++’.
- Go to the main interface and start compiling as you like.
All-in-all, Turbo C++ is the best solution for compiling C++ programming languages. It is one of the old compilers, and because of low competition in the market, it is still on top while making some drastic changes to give a real quick. It is developed by Borland and has all the tools of the Borland app such as breakpoints, the DOS shell, a compiler, an editor, etc. No, doubt, one of the best choices for students and professionals.
You can download it from any authentic and reputable source. Simply visit the website, and click on the Download option to download the installation file. Double-click the installation file, and start the installation process by following the on-screen prompts.
It is a 100% safe and secure IDE program.
The program supports C++ programming language.
· Visual Studio Code