WinRAR is powerful software for managing archive and compressing files. You can use the tool for transferring, sharing, and archiving large while compressing them into .rar or zip formats. It supports 50 languages for both 32-bit as well as 64-bit operating system. You can use it specifically for multimedia files that take a lot of space on your storage. Eugene Roshal of win.rar GmbH developed it in 1995. The tool is completely compatible with Windows 10 available for a free trial version for 40-days.
The interface is very simple and intuitive which enables the users to apply several jobs easily. The top panel is including different options i.e. Add, Extract, Test, View, Delete, etc. Simply click the Extract option, and you directed to a new window with compressed files along with the format list. You can open .rar or zip file from the folder by right-clicking on it with WinRAR and clicking the View option to view the files in WinRAR before you extract them from the selected folder.
The software is capable of compressing files into an exclusive compressed file to make the transfer and sharing process quick and easy. Simply click on Add Files option and add selected files for compressing. The file formats are rar, rar4, or zip, but you can select any other option as well as a location for saving your file.
Supported File Formats
Fortunately, the software supports all popular file formats i.e. RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z, and 7-zip, etc. It also uses a specific compression algorithm for compressing multimedia files, executables, etc.
WinRAR offers quick and easy access to your data by splitting archives into volumes separately. You can save the archives into several disks to save your data.
Safe to Use
It is fool-proof, malware-free, and gives secure sharing options. No doubt, the older versions are equipped with bugs, but from version 5.7, everything has been fixed for your ease. You can share your data via the web while using 128-bit password encryption and authenticated signature technology.
Free Trial Version
The software with shareware license offers a free trial version for 40-days. It enables you to test the software thoroughly before you purchase a subscription plan. The subscription plan with $29 enables you to avoid pop-up messaging.
How to Download WinRAR for Windows
You need to follow the given steps to download WinRAR for Windows;
- Click the ‘Download’ button given above on the page.
- Wait for completing the downloading of the .exe file of WinRAR.
- Extract the downloaded .exe file, and click to open it.
- Run the WinRAR installer.
- Click the ‘Install’ button, and you are directed to the WinRAR Setup window.
- Select your file type i.e. 32-bit, or 64-bit.
- Wait for completing the installation process, and move to your compressing as well as extracting files on your PC.
- Multiple additional checks are used within the web notifier for preventing the malicious web page.
- It uses HTTPS instead of HTTP in the web notifier window, home page, and theme links.
- Unlike RAR archives, now switches –ed and –e+d are supported by Zip files also.
- The same extraction commands are used for unencrypted as well as encrypted files stored in the same RAR archive.
- The wrong detailed reason for the file open error will be displayed in the second line of the open error message.
All-in-all, WinRAR is the most prominent software to enable Windows users to compress files as well as decompress. You can easily reduce the large files into single files and very quickly share them through the web.
Yes, it is complete with all types of Windows including Windows 11.
The WinRAR is available as only command-line-only application, offered by developers with the name RAR for macOS.
The software with a shareware license offers a free trial version for 40 days.
WinRAR supports multiple file formats including RAR, ZIP, 7Z, ARJ, BZ2, CAB, GZ, ISO, JAR, LZ, LZH, TAR, XZ, Z, ZIPX, and so on.
Yes, it is completely safe and secure; you just need to download it from an authentic website.